Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Swatches and Review--Colores de Carol Cupcake Fantasy

Colores de Carol is a nail blog that I follow, written by the talented Carolina. She also recently started her own nail polish line. I was drawn to two shades right away, and those are the two that I have bought so far: Cupcake Fantasy and Best Polish Friend Forever. Today I will share Cupcake Fantasy, and leave BPFF for its own post.
*I purchased this polish with my own money and I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the brands mentioned in this post.*

Two coats of Colores de Carol Cupcake Fantasy over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (left hand)
I started with one coat of base coat and two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy, which I posted about here. Seems like a sugary set of polishes, doesn't it?

One coat of Colores de Carol Cupcake Fantasy over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (left hand)
I proceeded to do three coats of Cupcake Fantasy and one coat of Seche Vite. You could easily skip the top coat if you wanted, as all of the glitter behaved well and didn't stick up.


Two coats of Colores de Carol Cupcake Fantasy over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (left hand)
Two coats of Colores de Carol Cupcake Fantasy over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (right hand)
My mani appears to be pink overall, being as that's the color of my base, but Cupcake Fantasy is actually pale lavender.


Here you can almost see how the base is more lavender
In Carolina's swatches, shown here, I see some larger purplish hexagonal glitter. I did not see any of this on my nail, but I also don't see it in my bottle. I haven't asked her about it since I was perfectly happy with what I received. 
EDIT: Carolina saw this post and she wants to send a new bottle that includes the hex glitter. What great customer service! Her polishes are all mixed by hand, so they are not going to be exactly the same, but she was very apologetic. I was happy before, and now I'm even happier. 

Three coats of Colores de Carol over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (right hand)
All of these photos are indoors under artificial light, as I didn't have time to take the photos during the day.

Three coats of Colores de Carol over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (left hand)
Communication, payment, and shipping were all pleasant and prompt when I ordered. I was able to get a shipping cost from Carolina before finalizing my order, which I appreciated. (I did, however, end up ordering when she had a special once for free shipping.)

Three coats of Colores de Carol over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (left hand)
If you order, your bottle may or may not look different than mine. I've shown a round bottle here, but I believe her new bottles are currently square. She mentioned new labels as well, but I haven't yet seen what they look like. She still has the older style of some bottles/labels in stock, too, as of today. 

Three coats of Colores de Carol over two coats of Revlon Cotton Candy (right hand)
Colores de Carol polishes are sold at $9.00 for a full-size bottle, and she sells them through her Big Cartel store: http://www.coloresdecarol.bigcartel.com/. Carolina also has some on sale right now for $7.00, so check it out. She has some options listed for mini bottles as well, 3 for $13.50. I am eyeing Bubblegum & Slippers, Daffodil, and Butterfly Blush.
*I purchased this polish with my own money and I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the brands mentioned in this post.*

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this - it looks just like a cupcake! You are going to get me in trouble. I got shine of the times because of you & really want aurora & blaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Isn't it cute? Carolina has a good eye, since she's always swatching polishes. Nail bloggers are always making me want something. And yes, you probably need Zoya Aurora and Zoya Blaze. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for your swatches and your honest review. What I'm thinking about your polish is that maybe it came from a different batch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honored that you visited my blog; thanks, Carolina! I received many compliments while wearing this polish. Most people commented on how much it looks like a cupcake. :)
      I'm putting together a post about Best Polish Friend Forever, should be up tomorrow.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.