Monday, March 11, 2013

Review and Photos--Orly Fowl Play

Orly recently changed the style of their nail lacquer bottles. Most stores don't seem to care yet, but my local Sally Beauty apparently wanted to get rid of as many of their old-style Orly bottles as possible. So, a short while back, I was able to choose one Orly polish for free with my $10 purchase.

Indoors with flash
Being as my nail polish collection is a little ridiculous, it becomes more difficult to find shades that are unique to me. I let someone else go ahead of me in line while I dug through the basket of older Orly bottles.

Outdoors in sunlight
I couldn't remember exactly what it looked like on the nail, but the shade name 'Fowl Play' rang a bell as one that I had seen quite a bit online. I am glad that I chose this polish.

Outdoors in direct sunlight
It took the brightest sun available that day to capture it, but the above photo is the most color accurate, at least on my screen. 

Outdoors in the shade
The base color is a deep, warm purple. It has been described as a jelly, but I didn't notice that. The flakies flash between red, orange, gold, and green, but I have mostly seen the reddish orange. There also seems to be a blue microglitter in there.

Outdoors with indirect sunlight
'Fowl Play' was originally part of Orly's Birds of a Feather collection a couple of years ago, but it is in their permanent line now.

Indoors in artificial light
I used a Sally Hansen base coat, followed by two easy coats of 'Fowl Play'. The opacity was great.
Indoors with flash
I was happy with the formula. It applied easily and all of the flakies remained flat. I used Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat to finish. I've had no chipping, no dings, and minor tip wear.

Outdoors with indirect sunlight
Orly polishes can be purchased at Sally Beauty and ULTA, and also at various beauty supply stores. I have seen a limited selection at CVS. Orly's web site shows a retail price of $8.50.

*I received the above product in-store as a gift with purchase. I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned above and have not been compensated for this post.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.