Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MAC Mega Metal Eyeshadow in Odalisque

I love teal, and I love eyeshadow. Typically, though, teal eyeshadows tend to be either too green or too blue on me. However, I found a teal eyeshadow that I LOVE. It's by MAC, and the shade is called Odalisque. The color is deep rather than bright. As you can see in the photos, there is a shimmer to Odalisque, but it is not overwhelming.

 
 


This is from MAC's Peacocky Collection, and it's one of their Mega Metal eyeshadows. The formula is fabulous, everything that eyeshadow addicts look for: Pigmented, soft and buttery, easy to blend. It's a much larger size than the usual eyeshadow pan, just over double the size of MAC's regular eyeshadows. It is not currently on sale, but MAC often re-promotes limited edition shades, so keep an eye out for that.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now that is just yummy! I am an older subscriber. Would this go on okay over a primer, even with crepey lids? Is it too shimmery for an older woman? I reallly love the color! I made my daughter a panne velvet dress in this kind of teal!

    Cathy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always use an eyeshadow primer; my favorite is Urban Decay Primer Potion. I don't believe that there is too much shimmer in Odalisque for a mature woman's eyelids. I would apply with a light hand, however. Since both matte and shimmery shades are sometimes a problem for crepey eyelids, look for an eyeshadow with a satin finish, so that it's somewhere in between.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.