Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review and Photos--Emily de Molly Regal Beginnings

I'm sad that I haven't posted in a little while; I've been trying to figure out my new-to-me camera, but it hasn't worked yet. So, back to the old camera for now...
This polish was on my most wanted list for a year at least. Every time I saw it online, I practically drooled. It was unavailable in the U.S. for a while. I ended up buying it from a blog sale, but it is available in the U.S. through shop.llarowe.com now. This beauty is 'Regal Beginnings', made by the company Emily de Molly, from Australia. 
*I purchased Emily de Molly Regal Beginnings with my own money and I am not affiliated with nor compensated by any of the companies or brands mentioned in this post.*

Artificial light: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
I agree with Emily de Molly's notes on this polish, from their Etsy listing (source):


"BASE - Medium purple jelly/creme.
GLITTER - Gold, blue and black.
Please be aware the larger gold glitter may get a reflective curl over time, but will apply easily and remain flat on the nail.
OPAQUE - in 2-3 coats depending on application."

The first time I wore 'Regal Beginnings', I applied just two coats and then topped with one coat of Seche Vite. I did not do my usual cleanup around the edges or use cuticle oil. I did not see any visible nail line after two coats, so there was good and even coverage. There were a couple of slightly curled glitters that were smoothed out when I applied my top coat. (Cilucia has a good explanation of 'reflective curling' glitter on her blog, if you're curious: http://cilucia.blogspot.com/2012/12/quickie-post-on-reflective-curling.html.) On Emily de Molly's Facebook page, the owner said that 'Regal Beginnings' wasn't available for a time while they worked out a glitter issue; I have no idea if the bottle I bought is older or newer, so you may have no curling whatsoever.

Natural light: Two coats 'Regal Beginnings', one coat Seche Vite
It was very easy to apply, I did not have to fish around for glitter, and I did not have to dab on to distribute the glitter. I love that the tinted base is opaque enough to build up to good coverage, but sheer enough to let the glitter show its true colors. I enjoy the overall combination of shapes and colors of glitter in this polish, but my favorites are the blue squares. Yes, there is still love for the classic hexagon glitter, but circles and squares are feeling more special to me at the moment. (I wish the polishes with star glitter would use smaller stars...maybe then they would lie flat on my nails.)

Artificial light: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
I still wanted more opacity, since I'm a little compulsive about that. My nails were a little longer than they are now, so I preferred not to see through the polish when held up to a light. How silly of me, since it's not like I hold my nails up to a light in the natural course of my daily life. But, it is something I do in the unnatural course of my compulsive thoughts. Thus, I added three more thin coats of 'Regal Beginnings' on another day. 

Artificial light: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
This time around I topped it with two coats of Seche Vite to calm down a couple disobedient glitter pieces. I received several compliments from strangers when I wore 'Regal Beginnings', and everyone asked me if I added the glitter to my nail polish or if it was in there already. 
Artificial light: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
I actually took lots of photos of 'Regal Beginnings' outdoors in the sun, but they are currently trapped on the new-to-me camera while I wait for my husband to have time to figure out my failed attempt at using the software compatibility between the camera and my computer...or something like that. Sigh. Same for the pretty bottle shots. Emily de Molly bottles look simple and classy to me.

Bright artificial light: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
I hope that you enjoy looking at my current favorite nail polish. As far as indie polishes go, I am partial to the creamy tinted bases with glitter.
Bright artificial light: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
I would love to try other polishes from the Emily de Molly line to see if I love those, too. At the moment, I am especially eager to get my hands on (ha, or to get them on my hands!) these shades I've seen online: A Certain Shade of Green, Cosmic Forces, Harmony, Majestic Flight, Sakura, Studded Jeans, Split Personality, and Pyrite. Um, yes, I admit that is only my short list. 


Artificial light: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
What do you think? Are you longing for any Emily de Molly polishes?


Closeup: Five coats 'Regal Beginnings', 2 coats Seche Vite
Purchasing information:
"Emily de Molly is currently only shipping within Australia. 
Emily de Molly is available from the following stockists with more to be added soon.
http://www.shoppe-eclectic.co/collections/indie-polishes/Emily-de-Molly
http://shop.llarowe.com/collections/emily-de-molly
http://www.norwaynails.com/"--(Source)
Prices vary depending on the stockist, but shop.llarowe.com usually has Emily de Molly polishes for $13.00. They sell out fast, but you can easily request them to send you an e-mail when they restock. 
*I purchased Emily de Molly Regal Beginnings with my own money and I am not affiliated with nor compensated by any of the companies or brands mentioned in this post.*



2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I often paint my friends' nails; this is the only polish I don't want to share. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.