Sunday, January 6, 2013

Studio Gear Lipstick Review and Swatch

I received Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick from one of my subscriptions to beauty samples, ipsy, in May 2012. (It was named MyGlam at the time. They offer 4-5 beauty samples per month for $10, mostly makeup: http://www.ipsy.com/theglambag. I love this service!) The first photo cracks me up; through some fluke of the flash, the lipstick appears to be almost hallowed.
 

 
I received the shade Pink Blush. I find the name to be misleading. You would think from the shade name that it will be subtle and demure--wrong. This is a vibrant, bold pink, leaning toward fuchsia. It's creamy, but with a nice sheen to it. 

 
 
I did not have high expectations of this lipstick. I had never heard of the brand. Also, my two favorite lip products, Tarte Lipsurgence and L'Oreal Infallible Rouge, are hard acts to follow. But I was pleasantly surprised; I loved this lipstick. 

 
Yes, the above photo is only my lips. The rest of my face was a mess that day.
 
You can purchase Studio Gear Complete Color Lipstick here for $16.00: http://studiogearcosmetics.com/store/products/lipstick/.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.