Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Review and Swatches--Orly Rococo A-Go-Go

There was one bottle left of Orly Rococo A-Go-Go at T.J. Maxx, and it was only $3.99...so of course, now it is mine. 

Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in natural light
Rococo A-Go-Go is part of Orly's Mineral FX collection of duo-chrome polishes. It's a beautiful, dark purple with duo-chrome flashes of gold and fuchsia. The duo-chrome is very apparent in the bottle, as below, but at first seemed to hide when on the nail, as above.

Orly Rococo A-Go-Go bottle in direct sunlight
(I'm sorry for the adhesive left over on the bottle; it's from the sale sticker. I forgot to clean it off with rubbing alcohol.)

Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in partial sun, closeup
This polish did not fail, however. The gold and fuchsia definitely came out to play, but they were choosy about which light they preferred.


Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in artificial yellow light

Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in artificial yellow light, closeup
You could easily achieve sufficient coverage in two coats, but I chose to use three coats so that it would be opaque even when held up to the light.

Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in artificial yellow light, closeup thumb
Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in partial sun
Application was very smooth. I had to be a little bit careful so that the polish would not flood my cuticles, but nothing crazy.

Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in the shade with bottle
I topped it off with Butter London Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat. I have been wearing Rococo A-Go-Go for a few days now with zero chips and minimal tip wear. I did polish my nail tips to cut down on tip wear.

Orly Rococo A-Go-Go in direct sunlight with bottle
Overall, I love this polish. It is shimmery and rich, and it looks as if it is constantly changing. I wish that the gold showed up more, but it is not a big detraction. Orly's website shows the retail price of their full-size polishes as $8.50.

What do you think? Do you have a favorite duo-chrome polish? I would definitely like to try more of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.