Monday, February 18, 2013

Review and Photos: COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick--Vixen

A while back, I received three free lipsticks through BzzAgent.com, a company that facilitates market research for the various brands that they work with and sends samples to consumers in exchange for honest feedback and spreading the word about the products. These lipsticks were COVERGIRL Blast Flipsticks.

COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick in Vixen 
COVERGIRL Blast Flipsticks are a dual-ended lipstick, designed so that you can wear each end by itself, or wear them together in varying combinations for different looks. I think they have a pretty good selection of different shades; I believe there are 13. I gave the shades Stunner and Minx to acquaintances to try, and I kept Vixen. Below are lots of photos of Vixen worn in various combinations and lighting. My thoughts will be at the end.

The first set of photos are all of the light pink shade with the darker shade blended on top.

Sun
Partial sun
Shade
The next set of photos are all of the darker color with the light pink blended on top.

Shade
Sun
Artificial light
The third set of photos is the light pink side of Vixen by itself.

Shade
Indoors, natural light
The last set of photos is the darker side of Vixen by itself.

Shade
Indoors, natural light
I was very happy with Vixen. I felt that the application was smooth and creamy, although a little waxy. It smells waxy/like plastic, too, so that is a downside, but it fades. The whole concept seems like a good one to me. I read some reviews that stated that the Flipstick was not long-lasting for them, but I found the opposite to be true. Also, Vixen was very pigmented and left a nice, even stain on my lips after wearing away. I did not find Vixen to be drying nor moisturizing to my lips.

COVERGIRL Blast Flipstick retails for $7.99 and is available at most mass-market retailers (CVS, WalMart, Target, etc.).

*This product was provided to me for my honest review.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.