Friday, February 22, 2013

Review and Swatches--L'Oreal Infallible Gloss 'Sangria'

Lipstick is typically more my style, but L'Oreal Infallible is my favorite lip gloss so far. I have tried a few different shades, but the most recent is 'Sangria', which I bought from Bloom.com (see my Bloom.com haul post here).


This is their 6-hr Never Fail Lipgloss. It appears from L'oreal's website that they have kicked it up to 8-hr glosses instead.


In the bottle, 'Sangria' looks to me like a warm, dark pink. I think for many ladies it would create a 'my-lips-but-better', almost nude, effect. I am very pale and cool-toned, though, so I think that is why it looks warmer on me and less pink by comparison.


I think that the applicator makes it easy to almost line your lips with the gloss and then fill in the rest. You can be very precise, or just sweep it on.

Bare lips, indoors, natural light
Indoors, natural light
Indoors, natural light
As you can see, this gloss is very pigmented, none of that sheer stuff. That is probably why I like it so much, since it is closer to a lipstick than most glosses. 

Indoors, natural light
This is definitely a long-lasting gloss for me. It stays on for a long time, although the color does not stay at full strength. I will keep color from this gloss on my lips even through some eating and drinking, or a kiss. Yes, some of the color will transfer to your drinking glass, but is easily wiped off.  

Outdoors, natural light
Outdoors in the shade
Indoors, artificial light
What do you think? Do you prefer lipstick, or gloss? Or is a combination best?

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.