Monday, April 15, 2013

Yay! More Liebster Awards

How sweet! I've been nominated for another Liebster Award by two bloggers. Thank you very much to Drunken Beauty of http://drunkenbeauty.blogspot.com/ and to Cookie of http://charmingcheshire.blogspot.com/.



The Liebster Award is kind of like a pleasant rumor that you start about someone's blog. :) You choose blogs with less than 200 followers that you think should get some more attention and the Award keeps passing to blogs worth checking out. Here are the rules: 
  • Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves
  • Each blogger answers the questions the tagger has set for you
  • Then you pick 11 new winners of the Liebster Award and link to them in your post
  • Pick 11 new questions to ask the new chosen winners
  • Go to the new blog winner's pages and tell them about their award
  • No tag-backs
11 Random Facts about Me:


1. My hair is down to my waist.
2. I'm originally from Anaheim, California.
3. I've been to Canada, England, France, Spain, Barbados, Denmark, and Sweden, but never to Mexico. How silly, it's not very far away.
4. I am addicted to nail polish.
5. My husband is amazing at using coupons.
6. I am so light-skinned that my uncle-by-marriage asked if I was an albino.
7. My grandpa is Japanese. I am not; he is technically my mom's step-dad, but he's grandpa to me and dad to her. I never met her biological father.
8. I am constantly overwhelmed by how much I love my four-year-old cousin, Miss Blu we'll call her.
9. I am happily married for almost ten years.
10. I like to watch surgery on YouTube, but fishing and cleaning the fish later are horrifyingly repulsive to me. 
11. I would love to speak Spanish fluently. 

Questions from The Charming Cheshire: 

1) Are you a polish lover, or a makeup lover? (Only pick one!) Oh, that's difficult, but polish lover. 
2) What is the one beauty product you cannot live without? Mascara
3) Name your signature drink I honestly don't have one. I rarely drink alcohol. I guess the closest would be a Grande Iced Nonfat Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks.
4) What beauty trend (in the past year) do you think was totally ridiculous? Hmm...I am not sure if it was in the past year, but I never could get on board with the ombre hair dye. It just looks like grown out roots to me.
5) What would you say your beauty style is closest to? Classic, Trendy, Edgy or Boho? Closest to Classic, but in reality somewhere between Classic and Trendy.
6) Best moment in your life? (Other than receiving the Liebster Award obviously!) Holding Miss Blu for the first time after she was born. 
7) Most surprisingly awesome beauty product you've ever tried? Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
8) What song would you say is the theme song of your life? 'Creep' by Radiohead (edited version)
9) What movie would you love to just step into and why? Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp, chocolate, enough said.
10) If you had $500 to spend on beauty products, what would you get? REN No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm, more Tarte LipSurgences, and an obscene amount of indie nail polish.
11) What awesome beauty product do you wish you could invent? A cream that you could apply to your body that would make you slim and toned and heart-healthy without exercise or dieting. 

Questions from Drunken Beauty:
  1. If you could only use/purchase one makeup brand for the rest of your life, what would it be? That's a hard one, but probably Urban Decay.
  2. What is your go to shade of nail polish for spring? Mint green
  3. Does cruelty free status impact your decision to buy a product? It is not a requirement for me, but it scores huge bonus points and I might be willing to pay a little more for it.
  4. Are you a cat or dog person? Why? I am a cat person, because their sassiness cracks me up. I love dogs, too. Soooo sad--I've developed a cat allergy as an adult!
  5. What is the last great movie you watched? Les Miserables
  6. Do you prefer red or black licorice? Red, no contest. I despise black licorice.
  7. Tell me about your favorite makeup brushes. I am not experienced nor picky about makeup brushes. My brushes that I use most often are cheapies from e.l.f. I have a couple of Crown brushes that I really like.
  8. Can you recommend a good eye makeup remover? My new favorite is REN No. 1 Purity Cleansing Balm; see my recent post here.
  9. If you could spend a day with one historical person who would it be and why? Jesus Christ, honestly, because he is who I would like to be like. Secularly, non-religious choice: Louisa May Alcott, because she is my favorite author.
  10. What is your favorite summer activity? Playing with my best friend and her kids in their pool. 
  11. Do you wear the same makeup everyday? No. I change up my eyeliner and lipstick a lot, and eye shadow slightly less often. I do not, however, often rotate the rest.
My 11 Nominated Blogs:


My Questions for Nominees:
  1. If you have siblings, are you friends with them?
  2. From what company would you love to receive samples for review?
  3. Have you ever slept in your makeup?
  4. Shaving your legs: Are you for or against?
  5. Have you tried any beauty product that you hated?
  6. Where you would you like your blog to be in 2 years?
  7. What beauty product makes you feel pampered?
  8. Do your friends share your excitement for beauty products?
  9. Are you loyal to certain brands, or do you like to keep trying new things?
  10. Are you allergic to any makeup?
  11. What is your favorite recent post by another blogger?
Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.