Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Mint Candy Apple In the Spotlight

Essie Mint Candy Apple is a beautiful polish. I still wanted to dress it up, but without detracting from it. I decided glittery accent nails would do the trick.
*I purchased this product with my own money and I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the brands mentioned in this post.*



The glitter accent nails are painted with two coats of Sinful Colors In the Spotlight over my original Essie Mint Candy Apple mani, which I posted about here.




I was happy with the contrast between the finishes; the metallic aqua color of In the Spotlight with its rainbow glitter and the soft green creme of Mint Candy Apple.





Look at all the different shades of glitter that In the Spotlight has to offer:




I used one coat of Seche Vite over the accent nails to smooth out the glitter, although the glitter was not overly rough. 




It seems like you could build up In the Spotlight to be opaque and wear it on its own. The aqua base seems to have a foil finish.





I purchased Sinful Colors In the Spotlight at my local Walgreen's. I believe that they usually retail for $1.99, but I combined a coupon and my loyalty card and got three Sinful Colors polishes for only 99 cents each.




You can also purchase Sinful Colors polish in the U.S. at Target, Rite Aid, and WalMart. They are available at other retailers, too, according to their Web site, which has the complete list of where to buy.




Application was very nice and easy, but the polish chipped quickly. But for the price, I still got my money's worth, as I had a full day of staring at the sparklies. 




I have several other shades by Sinful Colors, as they are constantly putting out different ones that call to me. A similar brand, to me, is Spoiled. These are made by Wet 'n' Wild at the same price point as Sinful Colors. I buy them at CVS. I don't see as much variety in the Spoiled line as I do in the Sinful Colors line, but I really like their shades. Several of them are dupes of expensive polishes.



What do you think? Do you have any inexpensive polishes that you like to use?

*I purchased this product with my own money and I am not affiliated with or compensated by any of the brands mentioned in this post.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.