Sunday, April 14, 2013

Essie Lady Like Swatches

Essie's Web site describes Lady Like as "an elegant soft mauve". My search for Essie Lady Like began quite a while ago when my best friend found a photo on Pinterest of a pinkish nude that she liked. I eventually found the source of the photo and blog post that told me what shade it was: http://mixedmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/valentines-day-mani-youre-only-on-for.html.
*I purchased Essie Lady Like with my own money and I am not affiliated with nor compensated by any of the brands, stores, or Web sites mentioned in this post.*




I bought Lady Like for my best friend, but once I saw it I knew that I needed it, too. I purchased one of the bottles at my local CVS, and I had some CVS Extra Bucks (their rewards program; you can learn about it here: https://www.cvs.com/extracare/landing.jsp?t=Howitworksand a coupon that I used, so I paid only a few dollars. The second bottle was purchased from http://www.dermstore.com/, and I had a coupon for $25 off of a $50 purchase, so the price balanced out on that one to be very low as well. If it weren't for coupons and sales, my nail polish collection would be pretty small. It's the only way that I shop for beauty products.




For the photos I'm wearing three thin coats of Essie Lady Like and one coat of top coat (I believe I used Seche Vite). All of these photos are under artificial light of differing levels.




I believe that this mauve polish would lean toward a nude on many skin tones, but on me it definitely appeared more colorful, showed up more of the grayish rose and lilac.




As you may have noticed on my blog, I am all for green, blue, purple and glittery goodness. But sometimes I just want something classy and pretty. Essie Lady Like fit the bill for that purpose. I told my husband that I loved this polish because "Lady Like is just so...ladylike!" If your workplace is conservative regarding nail polish, I think this is a very work-appropriate shade.  




I didn't have any issues to report with the polish formula or application. 

Essie nail polish typically retails for $8.00. Lady Like is not available from Essie's Web site, but it is still in stores such as CVS, Target, and WalMart.

*I purchased Essie Lady Like with my own money and I am not affiliated with nor compensated by any of the brands, stores, or Web sites mentioned in this post.*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.