Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review--March 2013 Goodies Box

Okay, so this is a little off-topic. I usually get beauty subscription boxes. However, the ladies on makeuptalk.com are the ultimate enablers, and we always alert each other to a good deal or new sample subscriptions, whether they be glamorous, fun, or edible. :)
*I purchased this subscription with my own money and I am not affiliated with nor compensated by any of the brands mentioned in this post.*



You can learn more about the Goodies Company subscription here: https://www.goodies.co/.  The short version is that you get a bunch of samples of snacks for $7.00/month. It is by invitation only (at least at this time), so you enter your e-mail address and they send you a message when an invitation opens up. Having watched many new sample subscription services get overwhelmed and the customer service and other factors be compromised, I think that this is a smart way to begin. 




The Taster's Box for March had a breakfast theme. 




I'm showing you the March box a little late because I wanted to try everything before actually giving a review. The included information card tells you the regular size and price for each product.




This caramel-filled waffle was delicious. I ate it with my coffee, although I did not use their recommendation of setting it atop your hot beverage to melt the caramel a little.




These breakfast biscuits had a good flavor, close to the taste of graham crackers. I found them to be dry, though, so I dipped them in my coffee and that was better.




I was happy with this bar, but not blown away. I love Greek yogurt, berries, and most granola bars, so it would have been difficult for this to be a miss for me as far as taste. It was moist, too, which was nice. This bar was not filling; that was the only downside for me. 




This was my favorite sample. Strawberries are my favorite food. I didn't go a breakfast route for this one. I went with a classic peanut butter sandwich and added the preserves as my 'jelly'. I used the whole tiny jar on one sandwich, and it was worth it. Delicious! It tasted as great as it smelled. 


 


I sprinkled this on my Corn Flakes. It was good, but not outstanding. I think that it would have been better if I had paired it with yogurt. I do think that it's very nice for those with nut allergies to have a nice granola option, though.


 


This was my least favorite item in the box. It did not taste like a cookie. It wasn't bad, just meh. It was very moist, but not strong on the chocolate. It was more filling than the Greek yogurt bar.




So, yeah, coffee is the theme of my breakfast. I don't feel like eating in the morning, so I am only successful regarding a good breakfast about 40%-ish of the time. Anyhow, this protein shake mix was a good compromise for me. I mixed it with my coffee. The coffee masked the protein-y taste that usually occurs in these shakes. The mix served as a good flavored creamer of sorts for my coffee. 




The Newtons went to hubby because he already loves them. I cannot vouch for this exact sample, but I have tasted the Triple Berry flavor before and it was delicious, as are all of the Newtons I've tried.

Overall, I was very pleased with this box. I felt like I got my $7.00 out of it. It was less gourmet than what I have tried previously with Love with Food (a similar type of subscription), but I also didn't feel any doubt about wanting to try everything. Goodies offers points for giving product reviews on their Web site, and these can be redeemed toward full-size versions of the snacks you have sampled. I always appreciate some sort of loyalty/rewards program.
*I purchased this subscription with my own money and I am not affiliated with nor compensated by any of the brands mentioned in this post.*

Thanks for reading!
zzzzZZZZ Sleepykat =^.^=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please avoid promoting your own blog, spam, or inappropriate language. I reserve the right to delete comments which I feel violate these guidelines. You may also contact me at rougerequired@gmail.com if you have a question, would like for me to review your product, or wish for me to look at your blog.